Make sure you get the right advice and the right stove by using a HETAS registered engineer.

If you want to install a new solid fuel or wood burning appliance in your home, it must meet Building Regulation standards and your local authority must be notified of the work.


There are only two routes to legally install a domestic solid fuel, wood or biomass burning appliance:

Norfolk Woodburners are HETAS registered (no. 5578).

Use a HETAS registered installer who can self certify that the work he does complies with the relevant Building Regulations or

You apply to their local authority for a building notice, and pay the appropriate fee (possibly up to £300).

Why use a HETAS Registered installer?

We do not charge any additional fees for the issue of the Certificate of Compliance. This saves you costly Building Notice applications to the local authority of approximately £300.

Peace of mind

All registered installers are trained and assessed as competent.

It saves you time

HETAS registered installers can self-certificate their work which means that you can avoid the need for time consuming Building Notice applications to the local authority.

It is simpler

A Certificate of Compliance will be issued as a record of the job and that it complies with Building Regulations. A copy of the certificate is forwarded to HETAS who notify the local authority on your behalf.

It is cheaper

Norfolk Woodburners are HETAS registered.